- This event has passed.
June 4 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Let the lawn games begin! Enjoy live music, great food, fun activities and cold beverages at the Backyard Bash.
Grab your favorite pair of flip-flops and bring the family to Superblock Park (2601 Washington Ave.), a 3 ½ acre green space located in the heart of historic downtown Newport News on Saturday, June 4th. The event begins at 4:00 p.m. with a Club WAKA cornhole tournament, 9-hole putt putt course, mechanical bull ride, interactive yard games, a 360-degree photo booth, inflatable obstacle courses for adults and kids, children’s activities, parkour course, food truck rally, adult beverages and live music. Live musical performances begin at 5:00 p.m. Guests are permitted to bring their own lawn chair or blanket to enjoy the evening.
- Nelson Cade III (Acoustic Rock) – 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Native Love (Alternative Rock & Blues) – 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
FOOD TRUCK RALLY:
- Ben & Jerry’s (Ice Cream & Treats)
- El Coqui Empanada Workshop (Empanadas)
- Marco’s Pizza (Pizza)
- Dominion Dogs (Hot Dogs)
- J. Hood’s Smokin’ Soul Food (Barbeque, Soul Food)
- Jessie Lou’s (Grilled Cheese)
- Kona Ice (Shaved Ice)
The Backyard Bash is free and open the public. Event parking will be located at Newport News City Hall (2400 Washington Ave.) with free shuttle service to and from Superblock Park from 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.